Thursday, August 2, 2007

yet another magical moment...

Yesterday, Grayson and I were hanging out together on the couch. We were having so much fun, as we always do. Gray was playing with two of his favorite toys (his basketball and his apple). I played with him some (mostly going to get the ball or the apple that he kicked and was rolling across our living room floor!). Otherwise, I just talked to him and enjoyed watching him play.

Grayson thinking about tasting his apple. :)

.

G loves his basketball (to throw and kick).

.

G's toes have great strength and control...and he sure likes using them!

.

G looking so cute!

.

Sometimes quiet is good, but our house was unusually quiet yesterday. I decided some background noise would be nice. Since I'm not much of a tv watcher, I turned on the TV and turn it to the radio setting. We listened to the "refreshing lite rock" station we always listen to.

As you know, I am NOT AT ALL a religious person. However, I do consider myself to be a very spiritual person. There's no need to get into my spiritual views - many of you know what they are. I am not offended and am not usually annoyed by literal praising of God. As a matter of fact, I can easily translate and apply the message by customizing it to my own life and beliefs.

So, anyway, as Grayson and I were hanging out, "I Could Not Ask For More" by Edwin McCain came on. As you read the words to it below, imagine me sitting beside our handsome little boy who is filled with smiles, love, laughter, wonder, and curiosity. :)

It was almost like you and your boyfriend's song coming on at your junior high dance or like the song playing in a movie or being performed on a music video as actors do exactly what the song is describing...but not at all cheesy. Grayson and I were having such a good time...and then, by coincidence, this song comes on. Of course, Gray doesn't understand the meaning of the song. He was just enjoying the music. But it really hit home with me. As I listened to the song and watched Grayson play, I was overwhelmed with thoughts - how lucky I am to be alive, how I'll never forget times like these with him, how he's a dream come true - all I've waited for and how I could not ask for more. :)

I Could Not Ask For More

Edwin McCain

Lying here with you

Listening to the rain

Smiling just to see the smile upon your face

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive

These are the moments I'll remember all my life

I found all I've waited for

And I could not ask for more

Looking in your eyes

Seeing all I need

Everything you are is everything to me

These are the moments I know heaven must exist

These are the moments I know all I need is this I have all I've waited for

And I could not ask for more

Chorus

I could not ask for more than this time together

I could not ask for more than this time with you

Every prayer has been answered

Every dream I have's come true

And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be

Here with you here with me

These are the moments

I thank God that I'm alive

These are the moments I'll remember all my life

I've got all I've waited for

And I could not ask for more

Chorus

I could not ask for more than the love you give me 'Coz it's all I've waited for

And I could not ask for more

I could not ask for more

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! Beautiful pictures and a beautiful blog!