Last night, we gave Grayson a new veggie - squash, yellower than yellow squash. To be fun and silly, I picked out an outfit for Gray to wear that is squash colored. Well, the actual outfit is off white, but the sleeves are squash colored. :) While Ray was changing his diaper and dressing him, I made his bottle, took the squarsh out of the cabinet, and gathered the necessary cloths (burp cloth, cloth to wipe his mouth, bib, etc). When I pulled back the top on the squash, I got a whiff of it. Ew. I yelled out to Ray, "Man, this squash STINKS! I don't know if he's gonna like it..." Ray said, "GROSS. We'll, we're about to find out."
.
The only way Ray and I ever eat yellow squarsh is when it is prepared southern style, dipped in egg batter, floured, and fried. I've eaten it in casserole too. My dad's mom used to make it. It was okay. But I think what made it bearable was all the other ingredients in it (butter, bread crumbs, etc).
.
So, anyway, again, armed with the camera, we held our breath as Ray "airplaned" a spoonful of squarsh into G's mouth. At first, he made a funny face. We didn't get worried yet though - he makes that face with every taste of a new veggie. We definitely don't think squash is his favorite, but he ate it and seemed to like it. So...
.
Monday, August 20, 2007
SQUARSH (as Ray and I say)
SQUASH: Success!!!
.
Posted by R&T at 7:28 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
What a good little boy eating all his veggies! :) What an adorable picture too!
Post a Comment