_%232.jpg)
When it comes to caring for Grayson, no one in our house is excluded. There have been several occasions where I’ve called on the dogs and Yoshi when Ray was at work, in the kitchen cooking, or whatever. You’re probably wondering HOW Mya, Hobbes, Daisy, or Yoshi can help me…well, as much as I would love for one of them to fetch me a diaper or prepare a bottle for Grayson, they can’t. But they are AWESOME entertainment for him. When he’s happy, they make him happier. And when he’s fussy, believe it or not, they make him stop! They do this by playing, eating, and even just being in the same room as us! They have a way of capturing his attention and making him so happy!
.
Yoshi is also good about helping – when I go to him. Is that screwed up or what?! Well, when you’re asking for help, you take it however you can get it, right?! :) Just today, I went to Yoshi for help. I was dealing with a little man who I knew was very tired and who knew he was very tired…but that little man was refusing to let sleep take him over. I wanted him to sleep because I knew he needed it. But I got to a point where I decided it was okay if he got a second wind and wanted to stay awake. That in-between stage (aka “fighting sleep”) is frustrating for Grayson…and needless to say, frustrating for me too. That’s where Yoshi comes in!
.
When I walked in mine and Ray’s bedroom, Yosh was puffed up in a ball with his head up and eyes closed. At first glance, G started smiling. I couldn’t help but smile at Gray smiling at our cat that was doing nothing but catching an afternoon nap. Within seconds, his smile became laughter! Yoshi opened one eye, saw it was his silly little brother, closed his peeper back, and entered la-la land again. I couldn’t help but laugh with Grayson. I did have to go to Yoshi, but I appreciated his assistance tremendously. :)
.
One evening here recently, Grayson and I were hanging out in his room while we waited for Ray to come home. I was telling him why he should finish his bottle. He was telling me why he shouldn’t. ;) So, I called out for Mya, Hobbes, and Daiz for help. Anyway, Hobbes walked in the room and then left. Thanks Hobbes! Sometimes they want to show respect by answering to my call but decide what they were doing is more important. Then, in walked Day (Daisy)! She walked in front of us and laid down on the rug. Grayson was glad to see her (and so was I). He fought to sit up so he could look down at her. He watched her for a little while, reached down to her (he couldn’t quite reach her), and then started jibber jabbering. What’s so funny is that Daisy is more puzzled by Gray trying to talk than Mya, Hobbes, or Yoshi. It is almost like they knew he would grow from a tiny baby to a little boy. Daisy, on the other hand, seems surprised by our boy’s movements, sounds, etc. She definitely doesn’t mind him, but she doesn’t know what to think about him sometimes.
.
So, anyway, Gray was looking at Daisy, dropping mouthfuls of saliva next to her foot, smiling at her, and jibber jabbering to her. She just laid there not moving a muscle. Well, she rolled her eyes backward to make sure he wasn’t going to jump on her back and try to ride her or something!
.
We have no idea what he was saying, but Daisy and I agree that Grayson sure had a LOT to say that day. ;) It sounded a lot like "OoooMuhMuhOooooMmmmDahhhAhhhhBuhh….DAY!!!” You should’ve seen the look on our poor dog’s face! It looked like she just saw a ghost! I wasn’t expecting it either. It was the last thing Grayson said after a few seconds of silence. Oh it was SO funny! Daisy sat there in shock for a few seconds. I swear – I could've knocked that girl over with a feather. After she got herself together, she got up and walked out of the room…and I’m sure I heard her mumble, “Here I am trying to help you and you tell Grayson to freak me out by saying my name!!! Is this a joke?! I’m outta here!” I called for her to come back, but she ignored me. :(
1 comments:
That is hilarious!! I can see it all now! :)
Post a Comment