Saturday, August 25, 2007

Teething - Part II

The last few days have been rough for Grayson. His teething status is “active” again. His two front teeth up top are working on him. For weeks, we’ve noticed the puffiness and whitish bulges under his gums. Fortunately, he didn’t seem too bothered by it. But now, it’s a different story.

Gray isn’t much of a crier so he hasn’t done much crying. He has just been very upset/fussy. He is in a lot of pain. It’s obvious he’s hurting way more than he did with his bottom front teeth. With them, he hurt, but he was willing to eat. This time, he will eat solids, but he won’t take a bottle. He wants to…you can tell he’s hungry. He’s just hurting too bad to eat. I tell you – it is so sad to see.

Needless to say, when you’re hungry and hurting, it is very difficult to get comfortable and especially get good rest. Of course, when he does fall asleep, he’s tired. But also, Ray and I think that he also goes to sleep because he doesn’t know what else to do. I think that’s a great thing to do. When I’m sick or feeling bad, sleep often gives me better results than any medicine I can take.

For the most part, I think we'll be taking it easy all weekend. Our goal is to keep Grayson as comfortable and happy as possible. I cannot tell you how bad we want to make his pain go away. But since that isn't possible, we'll continue offering him food (in hopes he'll eventually take some), making him feel comfortable as possible, encouraging him to rest when he feels he can, and giving him LOTS AND LOTS of TLC. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby - bless his heart. I hope his pain is gone very fast and those teeth come out very soon. It is heartbreaking when he hurts and feels so bad. He is such a good baby. Love you so much sweet Grayson!