I should've already blogged about this, but it completely slipped my mind a month or so when it happened. I'm glad the occurance popped in my head again yesterday.
.
The gastroenterologist who is caring for Grayson gave us an Rx of Prevacid. Every morning, we have to dissolve one Solutab in a little bit of cold water. We refer to it as "cherry juice" (the solutab is cherry flavored). It is amazing how well he takes it. He actually likes it. We haven't ever had any trouble getting him to drink it.
.
Anyway, I usually let him sit on the island to drink it. While he drinks it, he will play with whatever is in his reach. That's okay with us. We know that everything up there is fair game. His favorite thing to do is dig in the fruit bowl. He takes out every apple, every banana, etc. Yesterday he was tapping the spoon I used to mix up his juice on the bunch of bananas! ;)
.
We tend to let little miscellaneous items sit on the bottom of the fruit basket. Grayson found a screw that holds the two pieces of Daisy's kennel together. It was one of the black pieces on the sides of the kennel (shown below).
.
I knew he had it so I was watching him very closely. He wasn't willing to let it go. So, I let him hold it while he finished drinking his juice. When he was finished, he asked to be put down. Still, he was unwilling to hand over the kennel part. I wasn't worried. Often, you can just follow him and within a few minutes, he'll set down whatever he has. That's when you grab it - quick!
.
When I set him down, he high tailed it to our bedroom, where the dogs' kennels are. He immediately walked to Mya's kennel and tried finding a spot to put the screw. He is SO smart! I told him the screw is for Daisy's kennel but that we didn't need it (truth is: it is probably missing on the back side where I can't see it). I asked him for it. He handed it to me. I said, "Thank you". He was completely okay with it. He just wanted to show me he knew where the part went. I think us saying "thank you" is an indicator to him that he did good, that he helped. He's so smart - and so darn sweet! :)
.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
a blog entry overdue
Posted by R&T at 5:26 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment