.
Grayson is always SO excited to see his "Me" - Mimi, that is! He gives this HUGE smile and his face lights up when her name is merely mentioned. When I tell him she is coming over, he runs to the window to watch for her or asks to be taken outside to wait for her. Here lately, waiting inside (in the air conditioning and looking through the front window) is not an option. He wants to wait outside.
.
I always communicate with her via instant message so I'll know when she's almost here. It is so sad watching G's face when he sees a car, thinks it might be her, and then realizes it isn't. I never tease him. When I say she's coming, she's coming. And I try my best to find out when she'll arrive so Gray doesn't have to wait too long.
.
Her pulling up in her big white "car" as Gray calls it is like a movie start pulling up in front of our house. You'd just have to see his face. He's Mimi's #1 fan, that's for sure!
.
When he saw her car coming down the street the other day, he left me on the top step where we were sitting. He walked down the steps to greet her without a helping hand. Usually, he walks by himself until it is time to step down. That's when he reaches up for a hand. But that day, when he saw her, all he could think about was getting to her. He walked down those steps without any hesitation.
.
I hate that I rarely blog about something the same day it happens anymore. The reason I haven't been is because I haven't felt like sitting at the computer very much. But I guess the important thing is that we do blog about everything we want to. The stories we tell might not be up to the moment but they are never old.
.
With all that being said, what I'm going to blog about happened several days ago - well, no more than a week ago for sure.
.
One evening, when suppertime rolled around, I asked my mom if Grayson needed his diaper changed (before being put in the high chair). She said, "Grayson, are you wet?" He grabbed his diaper and set "Wet. Wet. Wet." It was so cute! And since he's sometimes more willing to let her change his diaper, he actually walked with her to get it changed (rather than fighting the inevitable). I think he's only done that once or twice with me!
.
Possibly on the same day (I don't remember for sure), Mom said, "Okay G, you read to eat?" He said, "Eat!"
.
He's our little parrot! He says new things every day!
.
In the last few days, he's added "rabbit" and "beach" to his vocabulary, two words he hears on his favorite Barney DVD. Also, he has said his own name a few times in the last day or two! To me, that is so exciting! I've always daydreamed of him saying his own name. :)
.
Going back to Grayson's Mimi, I have another story to share.
.
One day, Grayson was eating lunch in his high chair. I suddenly thought about a package we were expecting. I wanted to open the front door to see if it had arrived. But I wanted to make sure G saw me go to the front door. Otherwise, he might think it was his Mimi since she sometiems comes over when he isn't expecting her to. He wasn't staring at me, but I was pretty sure he saw me out of the corner of his eye. I unlocked the front door, checked for the package, closed the door, and locked it back. As I reappeared in the kitchen from behind the wall that divides the foyer and the kitchen, Grayson looked up and said, "Mimi!" I felt terrible. He looked so disappointed when he realized it was just his mom. :(
.
Monday, September 29, 2008
G's Mimi
Posted by R&T at 12:40 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
Awww, sweet lil man!! Your Mimi loves you so much and you bring a great big smile to my face too! :)
Post a Comment