Grayson doesn't get to play with things that could harm him, regardless how upset he gets when we take them away. But there are some items we'd rather him not play with that I wouldn't label "harmful" to him. They just aren't toys. Two items I can think of off the top of my head are our digital photo card case and a roll of diaper disposal bags. The digital photo card case is silver (metal) and looks like a business card holder. The roll of diaper disposal bags is blue in color and a cylinder shape that fits perfectly into Grayson's hand. He LOVES these two things. He knows exactly where they are kept and goes for them all the time. He knows he can't play with an opened roll of disposal bags. I've been the lucky one who had to wind the roll back up before. So, he knows to go for the new ones that are still wound tightly and "closed" with a sticker.
.
A few times, I took the card case and the roll of disposal bags from him. I wasn't trying to be mean. They are just things we'll eventually need that I don't want to turn up missing. A few days ago, I took the card case from him. He was completely and totally devistated. He yelled out, fell onto his butt on the floor, and started crying. When I say crying, I mean HUGE tears were streaming down his face. He was so upset. He truly loves that case and a few other items. I gave it back to him. Poor baby had his feelings hurt. When I handed it back to him, he slowly reached out, took it nicely, and smiled as his last few tears dropped from the corner of his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. I felt bad for taking it from him. I know he has no bad intentions with any of those things. It isn't like he wants to put them in the trash can or flush them down the toilet. He simply likes carrying them around. They are small items that fit his hand perfectly.
.
We do use our digital photo card case, especially when transporting our card to get photos printed or something. And we do use those diaper disposal bags every day. But if worst comes to worst and he were to lose both of those items, it wouldn't be a big deal. We could get a replacement. Besides, he has a lot more fun carrying them around than they are of good use to me. :)
.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
precious items
Posted by R&T at 11:54 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment