Sunday, September 21, 2008

Shopping with G

As of late, Grayson has not been the greatest shopper. Whenever we take him out to a store, he grows tired of the shopping cart and/or stroller fairly quickly. Sometimes holding him makes it even worse. What I have tried to do more with him is let him walk while we shop. This can only happen during non-rush hours, when I can let him "roam" a little more freely due to the lack of people in the stores. This works pretty well most of the time unless you have a long list of groceries/items to get. Getting him to go when you want/need to is almost impossible. I would say he tries to break free from holding my hand about 20 times per trip. This is why when we go to the store nowadays, Tish and I often seperate. She takes the basket, and I take the basket case... just kidding! Since Tish is the one who has the basket, when G and I run out of hands to carry the groceries, I ask Grayson, "Where is Ma-ma?? Can you find Ma??" At that instance, G stops everything he is doing at the time (pulling on bananas, running toward something shiny, waving at stranger, etc.) and kick into "mom-searching" mode. In MS mode, he not only looks around franticly, he also yells out "MA! MA! MA!" It is SO cute. This happens EVERY TIME without exceptions. G loves his ma!


~R

0 comments: