Gray still can't stand diaper changes. It is very rare that he's halfway cooperative. Because of this, no one is fond of changing his diaper. It isn't the tinkle nor the poop - ever! It's the ATTITUDE! :)
.
Just like with anything else, Grayson acts differently at different times with different people. I wouldn't really say he's more cooperative with anyone in particular. I guess the intensity of his reaction depends on his mood at that moment.
.
But we each have our own tricks. We talk to G about certain things, give him certain toys to play with, etc as we rush to get the job done. One trick I have is to sing to him. It sounds like a simple trick, but it isn't as generic as it sounds. I can't sing just anything you see.
.
Grayson is fond of me singing one particular song. It isn't "You Are My Sunshine" or "Heads, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" that his dad and I have sung to him for so long. Nope. The song is entitled, "Grayson Had a Little Lamb". The song used to be about a girl named Mary, but she's no longer in the picture. ;) But the story is still the same.
.
.
"Grayson had a little lamb, little lamb, little lamb. Grayson had a little lamb who's fleece was white as snow. And everywhere that Grayson went, Grayson went, Grayson went, Everywhere that Grayson went the lamb was sure to go".
.
When I sing it, I stress the words in bold. Of course, he loves hearing his name in song. And when I say those words, I lean in close to his face to say them close to his ear and/or to lightly tickle his sides. He loves it. :)
.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Grayson had a...
Posted by R&T at 10:10 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment