Tuesday, January 13, 2009

new favorite words

Grayson says so much nowadays - what I'd call "classics" (words he's been saying for a while) and words he just picks up from us. But his two new favorite words are "eat" and "ready".
.
When we are about to go somewhere, we'll say, "Are you ready?" He picked up the "ready" quick. He likes that word. The funny thing is that is sounds like "Ray". In the last few weeks, I was calling Ray from another room. I said, "Ray!" G then said, "Ray!" :) We thought he was saying "Ray" all this time, but Ray recently figured out he is saying "ready". :)
.
Also, he loves the word "eat". As he walks toward his high chair and climbs into it (with out help only since he had a fall), he says, "EAT! EAT!" When he and I went to the donut shop last week, he was chanting "Eat!" before we could even pull out of the parking lot with our breakfast! And I guess he's learned that Zander does a whole lot of eating and sleeping. It doesn't matter what Zander is doing...Gray often tells him to "EAT!" It's funny!
.
Oh and G also loves to say "Nite" to Zander. :)
.
A lot is coming to me all of the sudden. Grayson also talks a lot about Zander's bottle. You can tell he's saying "bottle", but it sounds kinda like "boll" sometimes. It's cute. :)
.
I guess I could mention something else while I'm giving this Grayson update. :) He's so very smart. He knows what he's supposed to do and not supposed to do. But at the same time, what he wants to do is often front and center. ;) So, as he does something he's not supposed to do (i.e., play with Zander's bouncer - the buttons), he'll say, "No! No!" Of course, we'd rather he just not do whatever it is he's not suppose to do. But that's asking too much I suppose. At least we know he realizes what is right and what is wrong. He just has a strong mind and tries to get away with doing what he wants to do.
.

0 comments: