
.
When holding Zander one afternoon, I noticed that his breathing seemed a little different. He seemed to be working to breathe. He had also been sneezing a lot (5-6 times in a row). But I wasn't alarmed because our pediatrician told us it is very common for a newborn to sneeze a lot. It is how the baby rids of the dried amniotic fluid in his/her nose. I think that is pretty interesting.
.
Anyway, the next day, his breathing was worse. Ray was concerned too. Zander was working hard to breathe and was even making snorting sounds. It was scary.
.
I immediately called our doctor's office. Since it was after hours, I was connected to the answering service. They patched me right on through to our doctor. Talk about service!
.
Our doctor was very concerned about how I was describing Zander's breathing. He told us to first try putting a few saline drops in his nose and drawing it out with a bulb. But if that didn't work, he wanted us to get right over to the new Children's Hospital.
.
Ray and I found the Little Noses saline drops and bulb we had recently purchased for Gray. I held Z while Ray put a few drops in each nostril. Poor baby. Because of the way the nasal cavity is, the saline drops must have drained back into his throat. He started coughing. Then, he closed his eyes and let out a big sneeze...and out came our problem: a BIG booger! :)
.
I know this story might embarrass Zander later, but I had to blog about it. I find it amazing that a big booger was impairing Z's breathing the way it was. I guess it makes sense considering how tiny our baby boy is. I'm just glad we got that big bad booger out! Once it was out, Zander was breathing normally. And you could tell how much better he felt...so comfy and content. :)
.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Z's nasal issue
Posted by R&T at 1:33 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment