Saturday, February 14, 2009

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Grayson is a big fan of containers. He loves putting things (as many things as possible) inside other things. Very often, he is insistent on something going inside a container. He is mad because he can't get it to fit. We explain to him that that particular thing will not fit inside that container because it's simply too small - or we tell him that it fits but the lid won't close. I think he understands, but all he can think about is how mad he is that he can't get that "thing" into that other "thing"!
.
We really have to watch him though because we've found sippy cups a few days old (with drink still in them) in random places - and worse.
.
A month or more ago, we got real excited because G added an item to the list of "maybe I'll eat/maybe I won't" - BANANAS! Real bananas!
.
But there's a catch (that I have to mention). The banana has to be intact. What I mean by intact is: still attached to the peel. We learned not to unpeel the banana too much because once it breaks, Grayson starts yelling, "OH!" (uh oh) and desperately tries to put it back. Once we tell him that it will not go back, that it broke, he doesn't want to have anything to do with it. If we want him to eat it, we have to offer him a bite every now and then. But usually, it is Ray or I that end up eating that rejected piece.
.
Unfortunately, here lately, G hasn't been too interested in bananas. It's kinda disappointing. When we offer him one and he shows interest, we're lucky if he eats 2-3 what Ray and I call "courtesy bites".
.
After eating a few bites of the banana we gave him a few nights ago, Grayson decided he'd rather ride it around our house on his lawnmower! See?!
.


.
Because the night flew by (as it ALWAYS does), we were so busy trying to clean up (wash dishes, prepare bottles, pick up toys, etc) and get the boys bathed that we forgot about the banana that Grayson took on tour earlier in the evening.
.
After G and Z were both in bed, Ray and I went into the living room to get the clean clothes off the couch that were to be folded. That's when I remembered the banana! I needed to find it, but the question was: WHERE? I knew it would be INSIDE something but what?!
.
As Ray piled the clothes into the clothes basket, I began my search. I couldn't help but think it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack...Grayson has so many toys. And I couldn't do a "Tucan Sam" and follow my nose because it probably hadn't been long enough for me to sniff out the missing banana.
.
To my surprise, I found it pretty quickly! Dang, I'm good. I found it inside his Fisher Price bus.
.


.
Here's a closer look:
.


.
Yeah, I know, UCK.
.
And while we're on this subject, my mom got Grayson this really cool red chair from Pottery Barn Kids for Christmas. Notice anything strange?
.
.
Yes, you are right. It DOES need a good wiping. I haven't got around to it yet - I plan to this weekend.
.
Anyway, what I'm referring to is the white swipe marks on the back.
.
That, my friend, would be the markings from a banana being put inside the pocket on the back of the chair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
.

0 comments: