.
The dealership we purchased our new Odyssey from gave us a car wash code for the automatic car wash on their lot. Ray and I have been talking about bringing it in for a good wash since it got pooped on by a ton of birds the day we drove it off the lot! But the dealership closes it on cold days when the temperature drops to a certain degree.
.
Today, I decided Grayson and I would take the Odyssey for a bath. Ray suggested Gray might think the car wash is cool. He used to. A year or so ago, I ran through one with G. He seemed to like it. But boy, things change!
.
He was freaked out the second we drove in this "half completed" building. I kept telling him it was "okay", that he'd see how "cool" it was. He was totally and completely freaked out! It looked like he was suctioned to the back of his car seat. His eyes were bugged out. His eyes filled with tears. I felt bad. I had no idea he'd be that scared. I did my best to reassure him. I even changed my wording numerous times. I told him the van was getting a "bath", that it needed to be "cleaned" - all words he understands. He stopped to listen to me but what I had to say didn't make it all okay.
.
I texted Ray immediately to tell him Grayson HATED the car wash. When the stop light lit up "Drive forward", I slowly drove out past the very loud blower (that dries off the car). He didn't like that either. But at least he saw the light of day again and realized that indeed we were okay. I said, "The car is clean now! Yayyyy!" He looked at me like I was crazy. I thought, "Okay, maybe it'll be better next time". I drove down the winding drives through the cars on the lot until I reached the exit. I watching the oncoming traffic and waiting for my best opportunity to pull out when Grayson yelled, "YAY!" I smiled, turned around, and saw a hesitant Grayson smiling with tears still in his eyes. I said, "Yeah! Yay!" In response he shouted, "CAR!" I said, "Yes, our car is clean! Yay!" :)
.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Bathtime!
Posted by R&T at 9:56 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
1 comments:
Awwww! Poor lil guy but he will like going through the car wash one day-he will think it's cool!
Post a Comment