.
This is not a current picture. I'm just using it to show our bassinet, particularly the mobile.
.
Grayson was always a huge fan of his mobile. He loved us to wind it up so he could hear it play and watch it spin around. But one day, his BaBa wound it too tight - and it never worked again. G loved it hanging there though. As he got older, he liked to hit it and watch the hanging things bounce around.
.
Finally, we took the broken mobile down when he got a cool Fisher Price safari one.
.
But when Zander's date of arrival was drawing near, G once again got to see a wind up mobile - actually TWO, one above Z's bed and one above his bassinet.
.
One day, my mom told Gray Zander's mobile was going "round and round". Right away, he picked up on that phrase. Now, when he sees one of Zander's mobiles on, he says, "Round and round and round and round and round and round..." (yes, sometimes we really have to work to make him stop saying it).
.
I cannot say enough how GREAT our bassinet is. That is proof that those stupid baby product books are not that reliable. The one we had basically said a bassinet is a waste of money, an unnecessary item. Maybe for some people but not for us. We love ours - and have gotten way more than our money's worth.
.
I've used our bassinet many, many times to set Zander in while I was feeding Grayson or something. Yesterday morning, it came in handy. I had Zander in it playing while Gray was in his booster chair waiting on me to fix his plate of breakfast.
.
Grayson kept saying "Round and round and round and round and round" as Z's mobile twirled above him and he kicked like crazy. And when it stopped (it times out after a few minutes to save batteries), G would fuss. Once I started it up again, G was happy, and of course, Zander was too!
.
And after he finished eating and I got G out of his seat, he continued to watch Zander's mobile. But instead of fussing when it stopped, he restarted it himself. :) Boy was he proud of himself too! He'd push buttons until he got it going again (twirling, with lights, and music), smile, and twirl beside Zander's bassinet. :)
.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
round and round (and round and round...)
Posted by R&T at 4:02 AM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment