Wednesday, February 11, 2009

TWO!

On Monday, Grayson made TWO! Can you believe it?! We can't!

.
Gosh, it's hard to believe we've had our baby Grayson for TWO years!
.
We made plans to throw him a Barney party last Saturday, but a stomach bug ruined everything!
.
Friday, Grayson took almost a FOUR hour nap. I actually had to wake him. I knew right away he wasn't feeling good.
.
He had a fever. He didn't want to be put down at all. Poor baby was feeling BAD. Then, to make matters worse, he threw up - BIG time. Mimi (my mom) and I were trying to care for Grayson, clean him up, and clean up the mess as we were trying not to throw up ourselves. It was...um, yucky.
.
Now tell me this isn't sad: As Grayson was throwing up, he kept saying "Hep" (Help). :( When I was cleaning him up, I asked him if he'd like to brush his teeth (to get rid of the nasty taste in his mouth), he gladly took me up on it. Then as soon as he finished brushing, he said, "Eat". Awww. G was hungry. He hadn't eaten much, and I guess all that he ate had come up (it sure looked like it).
.
I called our pediatrian's office to consult with them on Grayson's condition. They told me how much Motrin he can now have based on his weight. Since they were closing soon, she told me to go to the kids after hours clinic if need be.
.
After Ray got home, that's exactly what we did. It was a long wait, but Grayson was so patient. We were so proud of him. Fortunately, he didn't walk out of that place with a flu diagnosis like so many kids did.
.
Once he was examined, the doctor told us he had a viral gastroenteritis. There isn't a medication to treat it. It's a virus just as a cold is. We were told to watch his fever and keep him hydrated. That wasn't difficult because Grayson loves drinks, including water. He drank a sippy cup full of ice water while we were at the clinic.
.
So, the bug caused us to postpone G's birthday party. We had to call to reschedule the cake order, etc. Oh, and of course, we had to inform our guests that G's birthday would now be celebrated on the 14th, Valentine's Day.
.
It is always such a bummer seeing G sick. He just looks so awful - as horrible as he feels I know. We were so thankful that everyone - the bakery, the party guests, etc - was so understanding about G being sick and the party having to be rescheduled.
.
We can't wait to "officially" celebrate G's birthday this coming Saturday! It'll be fun! We have all the decorations to make our place real fun and Barney-like! We hope he likes it!
.
Before we could have all that fun (this Saturday) though, we had to go pay a visit to our pediatrician. It was his 2 year "well child" visit.
.
G stood on the scale (big scale) for the first time without fussing the least bit! I was so proud of him! As always, the doctor said he's PERFECT. He weighs 33 lbs, which is in the 75th to 90th percentile. He is 37 inches long, which is in the 95th percentile! Dr Paruolo said Grayson is going to be tall! That's exciting! Height is so cool! Personally, I wish I had more of it! :)
.
For the first time ever I think, Dr. Paruolo was running a little behind. So we had to wait a while. Gray was so incredibly nice - and patient. Again, I was so proud of him!
.
Dr. Paruolo asked G to give him "five". He did. It was cute. :)
.
The doctor leaves the room after the exam so the nurse can come in to administer whatever vaccinations are due. I was so glad to hear Gray was only getting ONE today. Even better news: He won't get any more shots until he's FOUR! Wow, huh?! Wooo-hooooooo!
.
I had to help the nurse hold G while she gave him the shot. She had the hard job. I just held his hands and kissed his face while she pinned his legs. He did cry (it was given right in the top of his thigh), but he calmed down right after she finished. I kissed him and told him it was okay. He shouted, "Ants!" That is how G says "Pants!" He was telling me he wanted his pants back on so he wouldn't get anymore shots! :)
.
G hasn't had any negative effects from the shot he got today. He's been feeling good and has been his usual self. I'm glad. I'm always worried he'll feel bad or be mad after getting a shot or shots.
.
G made TWO a few days ago. Ray and I talked a good bit about the day he was born - everything from how we felt before to how he looked to how he changed our lives so much - in so many wonderful ways. G went to his 2 year doctor visit. Now all we have left to do is PAR-TY! :) We are ready to eat, play, sing, and dance!
.
Happy 2 to our big baby boy!
.
We love you munchkin! :)
.

G checking out other kids in the waiting room (at his doctor visit today).

.

G admiring the mural in his doctor's office.

.

G closing the blinds in the exam room since he was only in a shirt and diaper. ;)

.

Gray digging through my purse looking for something to play with.

.

Gray found Mom's change purse!

.

"Hey to everyone below! Guess what! I'm TWO years old!"

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Grayson you good boy, 2 already, big lovely boy. Miss U.

R&T said...

Thank you! Miss you too Mah Mah!