.
Barney has almost become a big part of our lives in the last year or so. Of course, he's Gray's best friend, but Ray and I have come to really like him too. I'm sure at some point in years past we've both made fun of Barney. But ya know,he is pretty cool. There isn't much about him to dislike. Here recently, when I've done some searches online, I've actually hit on links for Barney haters. That's horrible. He's a harmless purple dinosaur for goodness sake. He talks funny, yes. But he's a good guy. He teaches lots of good lessons. That's always a plus. And he is fun! Gray loves how Barney dances around and sings so much. I do too. G doesn't understand now, but if he's still into Barney in a few years, I'll tell him that I once saw Barney in person. Years ago, I won FRONT ROW tickets to Barney Live! I took my little cousin. It was a pretty amazing experience - not necessarily seeing Barney in person but seeing my little cousin so excited. She was star struck when he walked out on stage. Her eyes got as big as saucers, and she nearly stopped breathing. It was so cute!
.
Anyway, gotta love Barney! If you live in our house, you can either go with the flow and LIKE Barney or you can go against the grain and HATE him. I wouldn't advice making your mind up to hate him though...cause he's here...and it looks like he's here to stay - at least for a while. Ray and I have become quite familiar with the movies, know all the words to the songs, etc. :)
.
If Grayson liked the Teletubbies or something, I would try to change that. I hate those characters. They are scary and babylike. I not only support but encourage G's love of Barney. This weekend, we'll be having a Barney themed 2nd birthday party for G. We're real excited! We have a Barney cake, Barney decor, a few Barney gifts...and his Mimi even got him a Barney shirt to wear! I hope he has a blast!
.
G loves watching Barney at home and now, in our new van! Since Z recently made 6 weeks old, we've been taking him out more and more. It feels so good to travel around as a complete family (rather than just one of us running out with Grayson for one thing while the other one is at home with Zander). The times Zander stayed behind, G would look over at Z's car seat and say "Der". :) We'd say, "Yeah, that's Zander's seat. He isn't going with us this time...he will go with us soon though".
.
For the most part, Zander is a pretty good little rider. He usually slips into his car seat without a fuss. But like Grayson when he was a baby, Z fusses when the car gets still. He wants to be MOVING! Is this an indicator that I have another HAVE TO BE ON THE GO AT ALL TIMES BABY BOY in the making?! Yikes...So, anyway, when the car stops, he fusses. Needless to say, when we are forced to sit still at a red light, it seems like an eternity. Believe it or not, several times, I've actually questioned whether or not the damn stop light was broken! ;) Incase you are wondering, that hasn't ever been the case...they are just as slow as molasses! It's like the city engineers are playing a cruel joke on me. They extended the light cycle to watch me squirm and inch the van up every few seconds. Maybe those cameras are to record an anxious me rather than me speeding! ;)
.
So when we are sitting still, Zander lets us all know he's unhappy! A baby crying doesn't really bother Ray and I too much. But poor Gray is often trying to watch his movie (Barney) when his little brother is next to him screaming his head off. I must compliment G. He is so patient, especially considering he's 2 (usually NOT patient) and LOVES Barney!
.
Today, when Zander's little voice was echoing through our van, Grayson kept saying, "DerDer". It was the sweetest reassurance from Big Brother to Little Brother. :) I apologized to Grayson. I know he wanted to watch and enjoy his Barney movie. I want him to know Zander is upset but doesn't mean to interrupt his movie watching.
.
Over the weekend, the same thing happened. G is watching Barney in the van. Z is yelling. This time it was because it was nearing his meal time though. And when we stopped, it got him more mad! Ray and I nearly split our sides when Grayson yelled out "BEES!!!" He was telling Zander to "bees" (please) stop! :)
.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
"I love you...you love me...we're a hap-py family..."
Posted by R&T at 1:01 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment