Saturday, February 14, 2009

.
When Grayson isn't feeling good or when he's hurting, he wants someone to make him feel better. He'll go to me, his BaBa, or my mom (his Mimi) asking for care or a hug or kiss. What's funny is how sometimes he goes to whoever is closest and then there are times when he has someone specific in mind.
.
When G had fever and was feeling bad the other day, he wanted his Mimi (not me and Ray wasn't at home yet). It kinda hurt my feelings, but it wasn't a big deal. I'm sure I did the same thing when I was little.
.
Needless to say, I have whatever it takes and am would be glad to provide it to Grayson to make him feel better. But the fact is that I'm not always the chosen one. He knows his Dad and his Mimi also have the magic touch. It is simply a matter of who he wants help from.
.
Zander, too, has learned who cares for him - me, his BaBa, and his Mimi. He never has to go without, just as his big brother never has to.
.
But since he is so little, Zander doesn't express a preference right now. He just has a need and wants it met.
.
Even though he's not quite two months old, I'm positive Zander knows who his mom is, who is dad is, who his big brother is, and who his Mimi is. He recognizes us by our looks and/or by our voice...and I've always heard they can identify well by smell also.
.
I cannot tell you how good it feels to be able to calm an upset baby just by being you. You don't have to buy him a pony or take him to Baskin Robbins. He is just happy cause you are you. It feels so good.
.
Yesterday, several times, I picked up a crying, fussy Zander and had him quiet and happy in no time. I know I have the Magic Touch. It's always available for Grayson too. It's just that he isn't interested in it all the time. :(
.
Here's my Zander Man taking advantage of his Momma's good lovin':

0 comments: