Tuesday, February 3, 2009

making memories at Hallmark

.
This afternoon, Gray and I went to Hallmark. I wanted to get a Valentine's Day card for my grandfather.
.
When we walked in the store, Grayson immediately saw the group (of 3) older ladies that worked there all standing behind the counter. When they spoke to us, G did his "shy thing" (laying his head down on my shoulder - well, to be specific: forehead to my shoulder so he's looking down).
.
We headed right to the section I needed to browse cause I didn't know how long I had before G decided Hallmark was NOT the place he wanted to be. Five or six feet away from us was a lady looking at cards. Her phone started ringing. She dug around in her purse, looked at the caller id, and said, "Hello?" She went on to tell that person she was at Hallmark and asked them if her plans (to see them) were "okay". That's when Grayson started shouting, "GayGay! GayGay!" That's his way of saying "Okay! Okay!" He wouldn't stop until she wrapped up her conversation and said, "Bye". That's when he started shouting "BYE!" I did my usual - said, "shhhh". Fortunately, he did just that...for a few seconds at least.
.
I said, "Well, since we're here, I want to get BaBa's Valentine's Day card too". I talk to Grayson a lot. I've done that since Day 1 (and it shows)! ;) He started chanting, "BaBa! BaBa!" I smiled and quietly said, "Yes, for BaBa!" Again, he yelled, "BaBa!" Again, I said, "shhhh". :)
.
He poked me in the eye and shouted, "EYE!" I said, "Yes, Gray, that's my eye!" Next, he put one of his hands on each side of my head, massaged my hair out of my ponytail, and said, "HAIRRRRR!" I said, "Yes, that's my hair!" He smiled and made my hair even prettier. ;) I said, "Gray!" He said, "HAIRRRR!" I said, "Yes, that is my hair, but please don't do that".
.
Before I realized what was happening, I looked down to see that Grayson had pulled up his shirt and was pointing to his chest. He likes pointing out his body parts nowadays. I said, "Yeah, that's your chest...now please put your shirt down". I pulled it down, and he pulled it back up! I said, "Grayson! Please - let's put your shirt DOWN, okay?!" He said, "GayGay!"
.
I don't think I've ever rushed so much in Hallmark before! ;) When we got to the checkout, the lady said, "You have a BIG boy there!" Gray knew she was talking about him. He tucked his head down on me again. I said, "Yes, I sure do! He's turning 2 next week!" She said, "Two? Wow...really?" I said, "Yep. He looks like he's 3 or 4, doesn't he?" She said, "Yeah, he sure does!" We checked out and paid. From the look of Grayson's face, I know he wonders why we hear beeps when we check out at Walmart but absolutely nothing at Hallmart - how BORING.
.
As we were leaving, the lady said, "Bye!" Grayson hid his face on me. She smiled and again said, "Bye!" Grayson wouldn't even look at her. So, he and I headed toward the exit. As soon as I opened the door, Gray yells, "BYE!!!!!!!!!" The lady gave a big smile and said, "Bye!" Before the door finished closing, Grayson once again shouted, "BYE!!!!!!!!!!"
.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess people are wondergin why I'm laughing every minute or two - this is really funny - I can see it all! :)