Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Desperately seeking Zander

.
I never had plans for the bassinet we purchased to be Z's second bed or anything. But it does exactly what we planned - to help out with "between times" - when Zander needs to be somewhere nearby but safe while we make his bottle, tend to Grayson, or whatever. It is great! We've already gotten our money's worth in the five short weeks that he's been at home with us.
.
Since I couldn't do much bending, we had the bassinet extended to the maximum height. But since I'm recovering well and feeling much better, we decided to lower it. Ray suggested it might make the bassinet less rickety. Zander likes to kick (a LOT) when he's chilling out, relaxing, happy, playful, and feeling good. Needless to say, when he does that, he causes the entire bassinet to shake. Several times, he's caused himself to get sick. That is why we lowered it a few notches in the last week or so.
.
Grayson was one of the first to notice the height of the bassinet changed. While he still can't see in it (and asks us to lift him up so he can see Zander), he tries. It's so funny to watch! And it must be for Zander too cause all Zander can see are two hands wrapped over the side and a patch of hair sitting there. Sometimes, I tell Grayson I can't lift him. I'm either too tired and/or I just feel he doesn't need to be lifted/carried at that moment. But I never deny him when it comes to Zander. If he is asking to be lifted so he can see his baby brother, I cannot tell him "no". But sometimes I'm busy and can't do it. I'm busy making a bottle or something of the sort. Gray yells, "BEES!" (please) I tell him I can't at the moment, that he'll have to wait. One time here recently, I noticed him doing something really funny when I told him I couldn't lift him right then. He tried again to peer in on Zander, but of course, he couldn't see him. So, he sat on the ground, laid backwards onto the basket underneath, and moved the bassinet skirt aside in effort to see Zander from below! :)
.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) That's so funny!