Grayson is definitely fascinated by all that's UP above. He has been pointing out airplanes for a while (see below).
.
.
He points out birds flying overhead. He likes pointing to and identifying lights. Often times, after pushing button on the garage door opener, he looks up above to watch the mechanism crank the door open.
.
It is so cute to see him look up, lean back, smile, point, and sometimes say what it is he's looking at. :)
.
One thing that's annoying about Walmart is the fact that they talk too much and too loud on their overhead speaker. Target doesn't do that. They have walkie talkies. That is one reason why I really like Target.
.
Anyway, when we were in Walmart the other night, an employee started speaking on the overhead. It just so happens we were standing almost directly under a speaker. Ordinarily, Ray and I would've been very annoyed. But because Grayson was with us, we found it so funny! Well, our little boy is what's funny! He was standing up in the big part of the shopping cart, holding onto the side, leaning backwards, smiling, and this indescribable look of amazement on his face! He doesn't listen for a second and then go about what he was doing. He stays in that exact position - leaning back - smiling, and completely fascinated. This has happened a few times, but we haven't ever been blasted like we were at Walmart the other night. Because we were so close to that voice, Grayson was more interested than ever. And for the record, his BaBa cannot resist the urge to tell him it isn't God speaking. ;)
.
Yesterday afternoon, Ray called me to let me know a guy would be coming over soon to replace a few shingles on our roof. He was making sure Grayson was up from his nap. I told him it was perfect timing, that G had just woke up. As usual, I went in G's room, got him out of his crib, changed his diaper, and then set him down to go wherever he wanted to. After getting a drink, he asked me to watch Barney. That was fine with me. Grayson does LOVE Barney. And G sitting still for a little while is great when I need to do something - like start a load of wash. So, I knelt down in front of the DVD player to put in his favorite Barney DVD. That's when we started hearing banging up above. That repair guy obviously got to our house and was already up on the roof. Grayson stood up, took a few steps back, looked up, and yelled, "OHI!" I tried to hold back laughter as I observed him. He listened to a few more seconds of banging and then yelled, "HUHAI!!!!!!!!" I'm sure this would've kept going if Barney hadn't appeared on the TV. Once he did, his concern about the banging on the roof disappeared. He was completely focused on and interested in his purple dinosaur friend. :)
.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
all that's UP above
Posted by R&T at 12:54 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
0 comments:
Post a Comment