Since I found out we are expecting, I've had trouble sleeping. It all boils down to me not being able to get comfortable. The fact is simple...we desperately need a new mattress. But we just aren't in the market for one right now.
.
My mom suggested I take some stuffing out of the body pillow I use and to take the mattress pad off our bed. I was hesitant to take that mattress pad off because we've used it for years. But taking it off helped a good bit. We still need a new mattress, but taking off that pad really helped. Now, our bed is more firm. Yes, I know, it seems like common sense. If Ray and I were waking up sore, we should've known our mattress was too soft. But we didn't think to take the mattress pad off. Silly, I know. Thank goodness Mom did!
.
I could tell a difference the first night we slept without that pad. It was a nice change. The pad stayed folded up in the corner of our bedroom for a few days. I wanted to keep it closeby incase we decided to put it back on. But once I saw we were better off without it, I asked Ray to take it upstairs. I'm so glad he put it on the floor of our spare bedroom upstairs (rather than folding it, bagging it, and storing it in our attic).
.
Within a few days, Grayson discovered it! He likes leaving his playroom and going into our spare bedroom to push his shopping cart or one of his cars in. He was so excited the first time he laid his eyes on that mattress pad. It was like he saw a pot of sparkling gold! He stepped on it and threw himself down on it! It was so funny! And the fun never ends! Every time we go upstairs, he asks to be let in that bedroom so he can play (and rest) on that mattress pad!
.
Below are a few pics I've taken (with my cell) of G on our old mattress pad that he loves so much!
.

.

.

.
0 comments:
Post a Comment