Saturday, August 23, 2008

JOKE!

Earlier this summer, we bought Gray a "new" toy at a garage sale. I don't know it's official name. I call it the "Sesame Street Letter Bus". It's a pretty neat little toy. Again, we only spent a few bucks on it. Actually, $1.50 I think.
.
.
It became one of Grayson's toys for the car. He liked it okay, but he never wanted to play with it for very long. He played with it enough for us to feel like we didn't waste that $1.50 or whatever it was we paid for it.
.
But for a while there, I didn't understand why he didn't like it more. It is a cool toy! My only complaint is that it has no off button. If a button is accidentally bumped, it starts talking...and talks for a few minutes until it automatically shuts off again. Anyway, I liked this toy and tried to show Grayson just how cool it is a few times. This usually resulted in him pushing it away or taking it from me - only to drop it (on purpose). Oh well.
.
Like with everything else, THINGS CHANGE. One day, he began really liking this toy. He loved hearing the Sesame Street characters voices talking. I was glad. But after a while, I got tired of hearing Big Bird say, "Pick a letter". And Grayson tends to like certain buttons. So many times I hear, "Pick a letter", "Pick a letter", "Pick a letter". I thought, "Okay! I'll not only pick a letter - I'll pick 6 of them! S-H-U-T-U-P!" Of course, I never said that. And if you think that isn't very nice of me...well, it isn't. But if you've heard the same thing over and over and over, you'd get tired of it too! Fortunately, after a few minutes, Gray usually gives that key a break and moves on to another. :)
.
After a few car rides, he learned to hit Big Bird's button to hear him say, "Pick a letter" and then to hit a letter. Maybe you have to hit Zoe's button somewhere in there. I'm not sure. Grayson does. But somehow, he gets Zoe to say what word begins with that particular letter he hit. I.E., "A - the word apple begins with that letter".
.
In the last week or so, Gray discovered the letter J.
.


.
When he hits the letter J, Zoe says something like, "J - that's the first letter in the word joke". What's hilarious is that the word "joke" cracks Grayson up! I don't mean he cracks a smile or lets out a silly giggle. I mean he cracks up! He thinks the word "joke" - or at least the way Zoe says it is SOOOO funny! He pressed the letter J again and again. That is one button he can press all day and we never get tired of hearing/seeing the result!
.
How funny is it that jokes are funny and G finds the word "joke" hilarious?! :)
.
Our boy cracks us up! :)
.

0 comments: