While Gray was sitting in his high chair eating lunch yesterday, I realized I really had to go to the restroom! Like RIGHT THEN. I couldn't wait. Grayson was happy drinking his milk. I broke him a few pieces of cracker, set them on his tray, and told him I'd be right back, that I had to "potty". He's become familiar with me going to the potty since I do it so often. He didn't seem concerned at all. Like I said, he was busy drinking his milk. And I feel okay leaving him for a minute or two because he's all belted in. Besides, I'm not that far away.
.
But while I'm out of his sight, I continually talk to him. I tell him I'll be right back, that I'm on the potty, etc. 9 times out of 10, he doesn't respond. But still, I keep talking to let him know I'm right there, will be right back, etc.
.
This particular time, I had just sat down to use it when G started yelling "AAAAHHHBAHHSCH" (his language). I yelled back, "Okay! I'll be there in just a second!" Again, he yelled something similiar "AAAAAHHHHBBBAHHHHSCHHHH!" but louder that time. I said, "Okay! I'm coming! Mommy just had to use the potty!" I hurried so I could get back to him.
.
When I got there, he wasn't drinking his milk. That's rare cause G loves milk so much that he usually drinks every drop (and asks for more). And he hadn't touched his crackers. He had set down his sippy cup, was leaning to the side, and pointing to the table. I thought maybe he wanted another bite of macaroni and cheese. I offered it to him. He shook his head no and again pointed to the table. The only thing other thing I thought he might be asking for was a baby wash cloth. My mom taught him how to wipe mouth. I wondered if he had a sudden urge to do that. When I tried handing it to him, he shook his head no.
.
I didn't know what else he could be asking for. The only other thing on the table was my cell phone. He can play with his Mimi's cell phone and his dad's ocassionally, but he knows he isn't allowed to play with mine. Still, I thought I'd see if that is what he wanted. I picked it up and looked at the screen. There was a missed call! It was Ray! Grayson was trying to tell me I missed a call! I bet he was thinking, "FINALLY, Mom!" I said, "Thank you, G! Dad called, huh?" He seemed pleased that he got me to understand what he was trying to tell me. That's when he picked up his sippy cup and once again started drinking his milk. :)
.
Needless to say, I called Ray back with a story. We kept saying, "Our boy is so smart!" :)
.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
I had to GO!
Posted by R&T at 1:23 PM
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web
2 comments:
What a smart lil boy! He is so amazing!
What a smart lil boy! He is so amazing!
Post a Comment