Saturday, August 23, 2008

a "new" ride for G

.
A few months ago, I went to the Salvation Army store to see what I could find. One thing I ran across was the little Fisher Price bike shown above for like 2 bucks! I was so excited! What decent toy can you buy for $2? And that's a name brand? NONE.
.
When I brought it home, G was interested in it at first. But after a minute or two, he was giving me looks like, "O-kay...thanks. Now what do I do with this thing?" I tried showing him what it does, but you try showing a toddler something when they aren't all that interested. So, I let it be. When he did play with it, he would drag it around. He pulled it around the living room so much that we definitely got our $2 and then some.
.
But a few days ago, while sitting on his bike, he began to scoot his feet on the floor. He made it go. He was riding it exactly like he was supposed to! He was thrilled that he was going somewhere on his bike. And of course, he was happy he was getting claps and a big "YAYYYYY!" It was an exciting moment! :)
.

0 comments: