Monday, August 4, 2008

Little Helper

Most people can tell you how hard it is to pick up after their young children. During their toddler years, kids love to get into things. Grayson is no exception. However, life has become just a tiny bit easier as of late. Apparently, G man has learned to be a little helper around the house. Here are some examples:

A few days ago, G and I were playing by his toy bucket in the living room, near by the drying rack where some clothes were hung. A piece of clothing fell from one rod onto another rod below. Grayson noticed it and decided to fix it. He grabbed the piece of clothing and put it back at its orginal rod. He did it as well as a toddler could do, so it took a few tries. Finally, it stayed. That is when our boy turned around and looked at me with the biggest smile! :-)

We store cereal and snacks in tupperwares for G to eat. Lately, when I offer him something that he does not like, he puts it back into the tupperware! That is much better than what he used to do (still does sometimes) - throwing it over board for the dogs.

When Grayson uses #2 in his diaper, we ALWAYS walk the soiled diaper all the way out to the outside trash can. It is my (or Tish's) job to open the trash can lid, but Grayson's job to chunk it in. He does great every time!

Earlier tonight, while I had the fridge opened, I offered G some cold bottled water. He refused by shaking his head no. That is why I was surprised when he took the bottle from me. Instead of drinking out of it, he placed it back on the glass shelf that I had it on orginally!

Our little fellow has some tightiness to him! Hopefully this will translate to a clean/neat room when he gets older!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, G is so smart and learning so many new things! His parents are doing a great job teaching him. He does love his BaBa that's for sure. It is so wonderful to see the love and the closeness between a parent and child and it makes me so happy to see how much yall enjoy doing things together - even the little things. I love this family!!