Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Grayson is a typical little boy. He's always spitting, blowing bubbles, and making sounds with his mouth. He does it a good bit when he is riding in the car. I guess he feels relaxed - who knows. :)
.
Yesterday, when we were on our way to the library, he was making a smooching sound. I turned around and said, "That sounds like a kiss" (stressing the word 'kiss'). He smiled and did it again. I said, "Are you making a kiss sound?" We went back and forth with this kind of conversation for a while. Every time I said something about a 'kiss', he'd smile and make the sound again.
.
So, last night, when Ray, Grayson, and I were sitting on the couch, I said, "Grayson, how does a kiss sound?" He made a smooching sound! Ray couldn't believe it! He wanted to know how I taught him that. I confessed that I didn't teach him how to make the sound. He was making it first. Then, I decided to teach him that's how a kiss sounds. I guess that is what you'd call reverse teaching, but hey - it worked!
.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY SMART!:) Now, we want him to GIVE us a kiss! :)